Primary Distribution Rates for Large Businesses
• General Service Primary Rate (GP) applies to businesses that have relatively low energy use.
• General Service Primary Demand Rate (GPD) is used for businesses with high energy use over extended periods of time.
• General Service Primary Time of Use Rate (GPTU) is designed for businesses with the flexibility to shift energy use to lower priced times.
• Energy Intensive Program Rate (EIP) is available for metal melting businesses employing arc or induction furnaces. It is also available for energy intensive businesses.
• General Service Self Generation Rate (GSG-2) provides standby or backup electric service to businesses that generate some or all their own energy.
• Interruptible Service Provision (GI) provides credits to businesses who choose to reduce their use during critical times.
• Educational Institution Service Provision (GEI) provides energy credits to schools, colleges and universities.
Not all rates are available to every type of business. For additional rate options or questions, call us at 800-805-0490.